Student Support Department has plenty of activities among which the following ones are key activities:
- Prepares annual report for SMTU session.
- Monitors research works of students at all SMTU departments.
- Creates forms to be filled in for scientific examination during research works contests, certificate of honor and diploma blanks, unified presentation templates of students' R&D works for all SMTU departments.
- Gains and processes information used in making the lists of students and their scientific directors involved in SMTU Research to be granted and the information on students with increased scholarships.
- Prepares applications on behalf of SMTU for participation in different events outside of SMTU: citywide, regional and all-russian ones; our department also assists groups of students when applying for the outside-university grants.
- Prepares a part of SMTU Research annual report related to the students' R&D.
- Creates calendar plan of R&D events and the related outlay.
- Interacts with deans and heads of departments and Patent Department in order to register R&D developments.
- Keeps tabs on students highly involved in SMTU Research works and created the lists of perspective masters, postgraduates and other scientific degree candidates.