The main activities of Research Lab of Electromagnetic Safety are ensuring the electromagnetic safety on ships, boats and offshore structures, researches on electromagnetic environment when operating the coastal transmitting radio facilities of the fleet, research and assessment of the electromagnetic environment in industrial and living areas, examination of project documentation for compliance with sanitary legislation in the field of electromagnetic safety, development of recommendations on ensuring the electromagnetic safety, bachelor's training in electromagnetic ecology and electromagnetic safety, development of sanitary regulations and methodical instructions in the field of electromagnetic radiation, standards for organizations for ensuring the electromagnetic safety of employees. Our lab also performs research work funded from the state budget and contract works with enterprises and organizations of various ministries and departments of the Russian Federation.
Our lab performs:
When performing accreditation-related work, Research Lab of Electromagnetic Safety is guided by:
Research Lab of Electromagnetic Safety has the latest normative, technical and methodical documents in the field of ensuring the electromagnetic safety and lab staff makes the annual documentation update.
Current research projects:
1. We participated in the following documents & procedures development of federal and sectoral significance.
2. Methodical instructions for students of 280202 Engineering protection of the environment specialty were created:
3. 53 research works are published. 3 of them are foreign publications and 5 of them are publications approved by Higher Attestation Commission of the Russian Federation.
4. 45 reports were made during different conferences and workshops: 11 of them were made during international conferences, 7 of them were held in SMTU, 11 of them were made during Electromagnetic Compatibility Section meetings at M.Gorky House of Scientists.
5. 35 seminars on electromagnetic safety, EMF and lighting control were held.
6. Nikitina N.V. was invited to 2 TV shows and 5 radio shows to speak about ensuring the electromagnetic safety.
Level measurement of EMF originated by the transmitters on the ship deck.
Level measurement of EMF originated by PC in ship deckhouse.
Measurements of the permanent magnetic fields in the electroplating shop of the Admiralty Shipyard.
Measurements of EMF during the dielectric heating installation operation.
In order to clarify the sanitary protection zone size of the electric depot at State Unitary Enterprise "St Petersburg Metro", investigations of EMF originated by the equipment were made.
Measurements of the EMF of the microwave frequency range originated by air traffic control center equipment at Arkhangelsk Airport, Russia were made.
Measurements of EMF originated by radio transmitters' antennas of gas distribution stations.
Measurements of illumination levels at operators' workplaces at the Vessel Traffic Management Center.
Measurements of industrial frequency EMF originated by equipment of the transformer substation open switchgear.
Measurements of industrial frequency EMF originated by compact fluorescent lamps.
Measurement of artificial lighting illumination levels in the computer class.